Friday, February 26, 2010

DO YOU KEEP WAITING OR DO YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT …


“Hey, Barry, every day I see you come out to the end of your dock, sit and stare at that boat for hours on end,” I said. “How come?”

“Oh, just waiting,” he said. “It should be any day now.”

Another two weeks passed and every day, Barry was out there, sitting on his dock on the bay.

Meanwhile, his twin brother, Perry, had started building another dock, about thirty feet from Barry’s. Every day, he would add about another five feet to the dock length. When his dock was about two-and-a-half times the length of his brother’s my curiosity got the better of me.

“Mornin’ Perry,” I said. “What’s up with the long dock?”

“Well,” Perry started, “you know how Barry and I used to sit together on his dock?”

“Yeah,” I said. “I asked him a couple of weeks ago why he was doing it and he just said he was waiting.”

“I guess you could say we were waiting for our ship to come in,” Perry said. “I got tired of waiting with nothing really happening. Our ship didn’t seem like it was coming in, so I decided to build my dock out to it. In about a week or so, I should be sailing off.”

No comments:

Post a Comment