Tuesday, June 8, 2010

HAPPY TUESDAY …


“Are you happy?”

For a few moments I thought about his question, then answered, “Hey, did you hear about the dangers of wearing flip-flops?”

“What? No,” he said. “Not flip-flops. Are you happy?”

Again, I pretended I was seriously considering his question, then answered, “I’m sorry. Did I say flip-flops? I meant to say cement shoes. Did you hear about the dangers of wearing cement shoes? Apparently they’re bad for your back or something. I’m not sure because I just scanned the headings and didn’t really read the article. But yeah, I’m sure that wearing cement shoes is dangerous, don’t you think?”

“You’re avoiding the question, you know. So I’ll ask one more time. Are you happy?”

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure they’re bad for your back, so definitely don’t wear cement shoes. Besides, who the heck sells them anyway?”

“Fables Footwear and Silly Stockings Store. Over on 35th and North, I think.”

“What?” I said.

“Fables Footwear over on 35th and North. You asked who sells cement shoes, right?”

“Are you?” I asked.

“Am I what?”

“Are you happy?”

1 comment:

  1. What an imagination. Have you ever thought about maybe writing children's stories?

    ReplyDelete