Wednesday, April 7, 2010

IF YOU DON’T WANNA, DO YOU HAFTA …


“I don’t get it,” she said rather angrily. “Why would anyone want to hire someone like her?”

I looked up from my cup of coffee to see who was speaking.

Her blaze-orange hair, tousled and spiked, was the first thing I noticed. Followed by her black lipstick, the three rings pierced through her lower lip, and the dark purple t-shirt emblazoned with the words, “if i don’t wanna, i don’t hafta.”

“I mean,” she continued, “she’s just not real. She’s like, all perfect and all that and like not a hair is out of place. And like you can’t even tell if she’s like wearing makeup or maybe not, I can’t even tell, you know? I mean, who’s like that, you know? Nobody I know, you know? And she talks like, you know, she says, ‘Oh I’m so grateful for this opportunity’ and stuff and like she sounds like my mom or something.”

Because what manager wants a clean, appropriately-dressed, well-spoken and enthusiastic employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment