Thursday, February 4, 2010

WELCOME.
Yes, I know. This is my second posting. (Shouldn't it be the first?) But somewhere in the chalkboard of my mind, posting this second seemed more in keeping with the notion of eclecticity. (Yes, I actually used that word.)


Breathe in, deeply and slowly.

Take a moment.

Breathe out, deeply and slowly.

Close your eyes and repeat.

Welcome to the Eclectic Chalkboard.

I offer this blog not to add to the din of darkness too often shouting from the caves of cyberspace but rather to seek and share the stories that illuminate and edify.

It is the stories that we hear and tell that can build us up. From the light-hearted to the heavy-handed, each one has the potential to add or detract from the sum of our life. And in the end, will we have built a library as our legacy full of the richness and diversity of our lives, or will we be found slumped over the lonely, solitary words scrawled into the dry, cracked sidewalk of our life: Who am I?

I am a storyman. I watch and listen for them. I collect them. I write them. I share them. Some tug at the heart. Others rend the mind. Still others slide somewhere on the spectrum of our humanity, or lack thereof.

Nonetheless, they are our stories. And this is the chalkboard upon which we will leave our marks and remarks.

Breathe in, deeply and slowly.

Take a moment.

Breathe out, deeply and slowly.

Close your eyes and repeat.

Welcome to the Eclectic Chalkboard. I hope you visit often and share freely.

Photo Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/al-taqi/4143374551/sizes/m/

No comments:

Post a Comment